It’s been a few weeks since I’ve joined in on this, but I’m excited about this topic, even though I honestly don’t do much with my hair very often! For more hair stories, head over to the little things we do…
1. My last haircut was Labor Day Weekend 2009. No joke. When I had my hair trial for my wedding, my stylist cut it. I haven’t gotten it cut, even trimmed since then. I have a reason though! I’m doing a “Rock the Dress” or “Happily Ever After” shoot tomorrow and I wanted to have super long hair for it, so I’ve let it grow. Fortunately, since I don’t do much to it, it’s actually still pretty healthy!
2. My most daring hair moment was the first time I remember making the decision myself to go short after having long hair as long as I could remember. It was in fourth grade. I was really into changes then…I wanted braces and glasses too! The second most daring was when I got layers for the first time…college graduation when I was almost 22. Yep, I’m Captain Daring!
3. A hairstyle I’d never be brave enough to try is boy short. I’m sure there’s a technical hair term for it, but I would never go above the shoulders. Just not me. Plus I have a rule that I have to be able to put my hair in a ponytail…it can be a short pony, but it’s got to be able to do it.
4. I’ve always dreamt of being a (blonde, brunette or red-head) blonde. I’m not sure I’d actually look good as a blonde, but especially in high school and college, I wanted to be blonde.
5. My go-to hair do is down and natural. I usually will brush or comb it and let it air dry. Whatever happens, that’s my hairstyle. I’d say a close second is a ponytail, especially when I want it up off my neck (though with hair this long, nothing helps keep it off my neck).
6. My biggest hair disaster was when I accidentally lightened my hair. Okay, so it wasn’t a total disaster, but I used that sun-in spray stuff, and thought that when the bottle claimed it lightened your hair like the sun would, I assumed that meant it would also fade. Not the case. Whoops! You can see in the photo below where it gets lighter (between my ears and shoulders). This was taken at my college graduation party in May 2004.
7. A hairstyle I am dying to try is pretty much any type of updo. I’ve never been able to successfully do it myself. I really want to be able to do a French twist, if I have to actually name a style.
8. My best hair day was my wedding day…easy. It totally cooperated and turned out exactly how I had pictured it!
Photo by Shannon Leith
9. The worst hairstyle I ever had was ummm…I guess in high school, my junior year, when I went super short (well, for me). I didn’t like that I couldn’t put it in a ponytail. I know it’s hard to see in this photo, but this is as short as I’ve ever gone, that I can remember!
10. My hair is thick and healthy. It may not look like much since I never do anything with it or to it, but I always get comments when I do actually cut my hair about how thick and healthy my hair is.