Q & A Tuesday 2.15.10
I hope you all had a great Valentine’s Day with your loved ones. The hubby and I had a great evening together. Yummy food and dessert (though I think I’ve decided HE’S cooking next year! :-D)!
I know it’s only February, but being a Southern California girl, I love summer, so I’m excited to answer these questions from Roots and Rings for Ten on Tuesday.
1. Any vacations you are looking forward to this summer?
Unfortunately, we don’t have any vacations planned for this summer. We’re in the process of house hunting, so maybe our “vacation” will be moving into our new house!
2. What is your favorite article of summer clothing (shoes are included)?
Flip flops, shorts and tank tops. I can’t pick between those. Love them all!
3. What is your favorite summer drink (alcoholic or non)?
I love lemonade. I know you can get it year-round, but it’s so good!
4. Do you tan or burn?
If I put sunscreen on, I will usually tan. Otherwise, I burn…and it sometimes turns tan overnight and sometimes it peels.
5. Any goals you are working toward this summer?
Hmmm…there’s nothing specific for this summer. Just working on my 101 list and we’ll hopefully be settling into our first house, so probably lots of home “renovations” – I use that term loosely…I’m talking minor stuff.
6. What is your favorite summertime food?
Berries and watermelon. I love blackberries and raspberries and strawberries and they’re so much cheaper and better tasting in the summer.
7. What song most says “summer” to you?
“Summertime” by Rascal Flatts or “All Summer Long” by Kid Rock. I’m sure there are others that remind me of summer, especially in high school when summer actually meant no school, but these are the two songs coming to my mind right now!
8. Any home improvement goals planned for this summer?
To have our own house!
9. What is one thing you hate to see at the beach?
Speedos. Especially on old guys. Yuck.
10. Did you ever go to a summer camp?
We used to go every summer. It was the highlight of the summer (and usually was the first full week after school was out, so it was the “signal” that summer had begun).
And here’s the questions (and my answers) for Hoo Are You? over at Night Owl Crafting…
1. What did you get/give for Valentine’s Day?
I gave my husband a candy bouquet with his favorite candy in a Philly Eagles cup. He loved it. I got a single red rose (so pretty!) and $20 toward my portrait lens.
2. Do you have a vacation planned in the next couple of months or in the summer?
Nope, no vacations planned. We might take a long weekend somewhere local, but we’re trying to save for and buy a house, so vacations are kind of out right now.
3. What is one thing you do to pamper yourself?
I don’t know that I really do anything to pamper myself. My husband does a give really good foot rubs, so I guess HE pampers me like that on a pretty regular basis.
4. What sparks your interest to other people’s blogs?
For the most part, what catches my interest is seeing other people’s ideas, whether is a recipe, craft, furniture, home decor, how they celebrate holidays/traditions, etc. I have a folder on my computer that I save all the neat ideas I see around blogland.
5. What kind of a mood are you in today?
I’m tired today (is that a mood?). I didn’t sleep well last night, so I guess I’m kinda tired and irritable. Hopefully I’ll feel more energized later tonight (I’m a night person, so I usually do).